Friday, March 28, 2008

the opener

I am tired. Visual picture for you: I just finished an eight hour shift at Starbucks, that began at five this morning, on the day of the week that most everyone gets paid, and also happens to be the last work day of the week for the majority of those said people, which means there are adequate funds to be spent on a mini celebration. How? By stopping at Starbucks on their way to work and ordering something really sugary and complicated. Enter Meredith. I openend yesterday as well. The bad news is that my body has gotten unused to working opening shifts two days in a row. So basically, I sit here, in this tan chair in my living room, with an aching back, sore feet, an overwhelming sense of tiredness, sipping on a Shiner Bock, with absolutely nowhere to be. And post Starbucks madness, it feels...how do I say it? Really good.

Post beer? Burp...naptime...bliss. Post-post beer-burp-naptime-bliss? New job.

No comments: