Tuesday, March 4, 2008

masquerade

The second post of the day, different in nature and content than post one. Unnecessary information.

Since it is Tuesday and the common working man does not have Tuesdays off, I decided I would pretend that I am young woman who also happens to be the recipient of an inheritance, which also happens to be a large sum of money. And because my finances are taken care of, I can spend my time writing, and eating blackberry muffins for breakfast at the local coffee shop, where I enjoy crafting stories about life, common and uncommon, because it is my nature, and also because there is such a demand for the people of the world to read the tales I produce. And then, since it is my Tuesday, I decide to have an overpriced lunch with friends where we simply savor the food and wine and each other's company. Concluding my day would be a massage, which is a bi-weekly thing for me, given to me by, yes, you guessed it, the masseuse of all masseuse's, Kojac. Filling my evening would be a lovely dinner of freshly caught salmon, made by the chef that lives in my winter house, as it is still winter, and not yet time for me to return to my summer home. which brings us to evening, late evening, and the beckoning of my bed, where I fall asleep, and wake up in reality...Where...

I do have Tuesday off, but only because I work on Saturday, the day that the common working man stays home. I do have the blackberry muffin, which is tasty, but not without the reality that the money I spend on it is a section of what little I have. I do have lunch with friends, at El Chico, a wonderful place to consume imitation Mexican food, and terrible lunch special margaritas. The massage is real, too, but because it was a gift from a friend, and also will be the first of my life. Dinner will happen, but will be prepared by my hands, in the one home I have. And sleep, yes.

The shining part of the story is that given the choice, I would choose reality. I work hard, and sincerely appreciate the time I do have off. The muffin, made from whole and unrefined ingredients, was worth every penny. Lunch could not have been better, as there was fresh guacamole, the bad margarita will only help me appreciate all the more the actual good ones that I hope will fill my future...And the company of family makes the taste of the food and drink the secondary issue, as their love and desire to spend time with me is what I really value. The massage is kind of a big deal because it was a gift, given to me from a thoughtful friend and kindred spirit, and we are getting them together...The enjoyment that about to be experienced, post two jobs and many hours of standing on my feet, will be well worth the wait. And the good news about dinner is that I love to cook and love to have people to cook for. And my home? I love my home, and only ever need one. After the joy of my day, filled with goodness and simple pleasures and people that I love, rest will be an easy thing to attain. And that is why, given the choice, I would choose reality. Though it's still fun to pretend.

1 comment:

Esther said...

mmmmm :) life abundant!