Sunday, March 16, 2008

la-dee-da

As I typing this, I am in pain, based on which letter of the alphabet I choose to use. As I was closing at work the other night, somewhere between the water gushing profusely from the espresso machine and the making of two quad venti black and white mochas ten minutes prior to the close of the store with the use of only one machine in the midst of the gushing water, I gashed my index finger open on the hand to the right of my body. This means that each time I type a letter with the gashed finger, it hurts. Among those letters are "H" and "Y" and "N", though "N" is not as painful as the latter two because I hit it at a healthier angle.

My friend Esther had a mishap with one of the thick faded black circular objects that keep cars moving, meaning, one of her tires blew out (it was one of the important ones) on her way to the great state of Missouri, which meant instead of a five minute hello as she passed through, we had actual hours. She is a beautiful testament of change and growth, and a reminder of the goodness in life, the value in an open mind, and what it means to the people you come in to contact with. She also took many photos, which is her way...so don't be surprised if you happen to have the thrill of seeing me in my green apron. Prepare yourselves.

I was attempting to create a strawberry brownie masterpiece on the evening that preceded this one, and as I was doing many things at once and not giving the baking my full attention, I omitted the flour. It was gooey and gummy, but set surprisingly well, and turned out to be a wonderfully yummy mistake...I think that flourless brownies may become a regular happening in our house.

And as this has been therapeutic for me, and altogether somewhat vaguely and specifically pointless, it's an appropriate time to end it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

While I can't vouch for the brownie-pile-yumminess, I CAN vouch for the brownie-pile-pile-ness.

Thanks for sending me a picture of said pile, aided by aforementioned black-round-wings-of-goodyear-problem friend. I am glad you had multiple hours.

I would enjoy multiple hours with you. Flour-less brownie-pile are an extremely-close second.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Esther said...

will post pics as soon as I can! camera dumping takes a lot out of me since I am backed up from previous weeks...