Friday, June 27, 2008

fulfillment.

Some things of interest.

I woke today missing coffee...I miss the feel of a warm cup in my hand, during the lull of a slow morning...the aroma, the intricacies of flavor, the feeling of satisfaction when good tasting coffee passes over the flavor sensors of my mouth.

I ate something with tentacles at lunch today. I pretended that the grayish slippery slimy stringy things that were being lifted into my mouth with chopsticks were mushrooms, something I am accustomed to tolerating.

Whatever it was that I ate didn't go over well in my stomach, and during a long solo walk into down town, it threatened to come out. I stand out enough anyway. I began to imagine how much more a tall goofy smiling foreigner would stand out with a mess in her pants. I did not like the image.

I made it to a familiar place before disaster struck: Starbucks. And then I got some coffee.

I had Sulawesi, an Asia Pacific coffee. Asia Pacific (or Indonesian) coffees are known for their earthy aroma, bold flavor, with little to no acidity. This coffee pairs well with cheeses, and pears, and also a greatly relieved me.

1 comment:

Lori said...

May I please have your autograph, Mz "not famous yet" Jones? Has your tummy recovered? Sulawesi? really? keep the thoughts coming, love them! Lori