Saturday, August 30, 2008

stuff.

I have heard of culture shock...Coming home and feeling overwhelmed by excess or choices or people. I felt it, as soon as I walked into my bedroom. 

My apartment was close to the size of my bedroom here, greatly resembling the four walls I am currently surrounded by, but it was filled with the bare minimum. I had little more than what I needed. When I got home, set my luggage down, and looked around, I started to feel sick to my stomach. 

Six hours later, I have depleted three-fourths of the clothes in my closet, cut the total number of shoes in half, gathered four bags of books to donate, and filled a thirty gallon trash bag full of junk I didn't even need before I left. 

My ankles are swollen, my eyes are tired, my feet hurt, but I feel lighter than ever. 

No comments: