Thursday, July 24, 2008

eggs and vegetables and kindness.

I would like to dedicate this post to my Aunt Mae. Today is her birthday. She defines the saying, "beauty has no age limit," as she has always been beautiful to me. She taught me how to cook scrambled eggs, to always eat my vegetables, and showed me by her behavior what it means to be kind to all. 

Today I did not eat scrambled eggs when I woke, but if I would have, I would have added a little water, cooked them over a low heat, and stirred them constantly.

I did, however, eat my vegetables. I made some soup in my pot that was made for soup, and I added potatoes, broccoli, and asparagus. And it was delicious. 

I can't say if I was kind to all. I hope I was, as I am always hoping, especially with the loneliness factor, that all are kind to me. 

Happy Birthday, to one of the most beautiful, kind, and caring people I know. 


1 comment:

sweet housewife said...

i have to agree with you about aunt mae. she was always so elegant and classy to me. . and still is!