Wednesday, July 9, 2008

class-time.

The boss man at the school asked me today if I would like to come back for the winter term. He showed me the calendar on his cell phone, pointing to the twenty-fourth of November. He said I am a good teacher and that he likes "my style". I think he just likes the fact that I get to work early.

What he does not know is that the main reason I get here early is to have a few minutes of silence and oasis with my ipod, iced coffee, and some kind of chocolaty goodness. There is preparation for class happening somewhere in there, but my motives for early arrival are not entirely pure. I learned today, while sitting in the dark listening to Ryan Adams and sipping my iced a mericano that came pre-sweetened against my better preference, that Snickers are delicious in Korea too.

It's four-fifteen and I get to start class in fifteen minutes. I have the sound bytes ready for the lesson, I have gone over the material, and now I just sit here typing, observing the students that arrived early, looking forward to the fact that I will be done with my work day at seven-thirty this evening. Anna just sneezed and I held back the urge to tell her "bless you". It looks like I may come home a different person, cultured, if you will.

*post posting edit: My response to the boss man was, "I will think about it," and I said it while pointing at my head. That's currently, among other things, what I am doing. Thinking about it,I mean, not pointing at my head. 

2 comments:

Lori said...

So what WAS your response to the "Boss" man, regarding November?

sweet housewife said...

i am curious as well to your response to the winter term?