Saturday, February 2, 2008

good days

Today is a good day. Will continue to be a good day. Felt inspired this morning on my way to work in the dark. Had this thought, while driving down Harvard, listening to Coldplay: I want to live an unorthodox, unconventional life. Not for the sake of being unconventional, but because I don't want to depend on conventions to be happy...While throwing pastries in the pastry case, The Way I Am played over the speakers, randomely, out of the blue. A song that I love, that makes any day better...and my lovely ballerina friend Sarah confirmed that it would in fact be a good day.

I gave my three week notice at job #2 yesterday, the same day that my passport arrived in the mail. Two fortunate happenings in my life. Much of my future depends on the arrival of the passport and the ending of the jobs. I love the feeling of moving forward, the butterflies in my stomach that come with the decisions I am maiking that make the future change inevitable.

Heard from a friend yesterday that I had not heard from in a while. One of life's most lovely blessings. Held a little baby girl that had red hair. It is a silly dream of mine to have a daughter with red hair. Finished the evening with friends and a margarita.

Now back to making coffee and lattes for the people in the world that have Saturday mornings off, something I have to look forward to. I have definitely made my ten minute break more of a twenty minute break.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Bella" would be a nice name for a kid. I like "Bela", too, if it were a boy. I hadn't thought of that until this unlikely event of my commenting while Bela Fleck's banjo plays in the background...unlikely in that all 17.8 GB of music (1 album of which is said banjo-ist) in merely on shuffle.