Tuesday, October 6, 2009

shrimp/mate-less.

I just ordered food to go. I called ahead, I will ride my bike to pick it up, and then I will eat it.

I talked to a kind lady on the phone. She seemed busy, but not rude. I told her my order, and then she repeated it back to me..."Pad Thai, No Shrimp...anything else?" When she asked me the "anything else", in my head I heard her say, "Pad Thai, No Shrimp...do you live life alone, eat alone, order take-out alone?"

A take-out conversation with a complete stranger sets the table for a heavy meal.

2 comments:

A Nerd and A Free Spirit said...

Hm. Isn't it funny how a simple statement can really hit home or bring up emotions and thoughts that even aren't intended?

I hope you enjoyed your dinner. (-:

aimi said...

Isn't it also funny that the other day when you said you were going to ride your bike, pick up food, eat alone, then ride to work to help for a half hour, I was jealous. I thought about how nice it would be to be free to just do that, when you want, whatever you want, to have the energy to ride that far, by yourself, in the lovely weather, and a type of job that you can go home from and not have work to do at home for it and then go back to later on, just for a bit, and see friends while helping them close.
The grass is always greener! oh geez!