Thursday, May 29, 2008

across the lot.

Not only have I sat out on intentional walks, observing the sights and sounds and peculiarities that I tend to not see, I am also taking regular excursions across the parking lot to get Subway for lunch, or to have the quality photographers at Wolf Camera capture my semi-smile for the visa I will need to get out of the country I am headed for. Instead of starting up the Stratus to take me an eighth of a mile, I am instead relying on my two feet. Today for example, I passed the Post Man both on my way there and my way back. He was making his rounds in his MOTOR VEHICLE. I felt noble.

Currently, I am sitting in my living room, listening to Cat Power and drinking leftover wine, and I feel happy.

We have yet to turn on the air conditioner, and for some reason this makes me feel strong, capable, and maybe like I am a true survivor. Melodramatic? Yes. I believe that, to an extent, one's body acclimates...as I am no longer suffering greatly as I felt like in the beginning. I shall be thankful next month when I am in Korea, and have no money, and the gas bill is, like, close to nothing.

No comments: