Monday, April 7, 2008

future.

I have a problem.

I need a new job that hopefully utilizes my degree but doesn't require me to actually practice the specific field, where I can be around people without having to meet their every unnecessary need, and also a position that will challenge me, where I want to meet the challenge because the task at hand is connected enough to my value system that I care about the outcome. Any ideas?

When I search for jobs online, there are a lot of things that I think to myself, "I could do that". The second part of the thought is usually, "but I don't really want to". It's not that I don't want to work. I am not lazy, I don't think. I just don't want to go to a job everyday that I don't enjoy. And ultimately, I want to be a mother, so it's not like I am looking for a lifelong career. And eventually, I would like to go back to school, so if I was looking for a career, it would probably be found after the second bout of secondary education.

Maybe I should just go back to school and live off loans.

Or maybe I should stick my current job situation out for a few more months while enjoying my current living situation, and then teach English in a foreign country until I figure out what I want to do.

Or maybe I should go to pastry school.

Or culinary school.

Or just go to sleep and not wake up until a dream reveals to me what I should do. Right now, that option feels the most right. Yawn.

3 comments:

Renee Terese said...

the pastry school idea i like.

Anonymous said...

Do you know who Wyatt Bury is? He went to JBU, anyway his wife went to pastry school in KC. She works at a historic inn in fayetteville now as a pastry chef. I actually worked at the inn as well for a while. She said her school would open up as a pastry shop during the day and they would sell what they made in school. I just emailed Wyatt to see what the name of the school was. Hopefully I will hear back from him soon.Maybe i could get emily's email or maybe you could visit her at the inn sometime to shadow her.

You would make an awesome pastry chef--

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard back from Wyatt yet--I will let you know as soon as I do.


you need to update your blog--I enjoy reading it so much!!