Thursday, July 29, 2010

motivation.

So I woke up really late and then there was this big storm and I tried to get my new nike sensor to work with the old receiver and it wouldn't. It's about to rain, and though I love running in a drizzle, I don't like ruined ipods that come from running in a storm. And the technology not working is wearing down my motivation. So I want to give up. But I decide to concede instead, and go down to the basement to get on the stationary bike. I take the magazine with Jennifer Hudson's new size six body on the cover to read while I peddle. Not only does it tell the tale of how her trainer and weight watchers helped her achieve her figure, but it also gives me tips on how to improve my skin, including not eating sugar.

Here's the catch. Sugar is the source of all things sweet. It's also something Jennifer mostly avoided, except for once in a while. She can have ice cream. She can! Just now and then, instead of always now.

I finish peddling, still motivation-less, and I get ready for work. I get my hummus and tabouli and rice chips and carrots out of the refrigerator, and I eat them. I love that stuff, and it was delicious...but not the most filling of meals. I leave for work still a little hungry, wanting to go anywhere but there, feeling the need to crawl out of my skin. I get to the coffee spot across the street from the restaurant and staring at me, through the classic clear domed lid, is a sweet potato spice cake with chocolate frosting.

One day further from clear skin and a size six frame, this cake was delicious, and paired most perfectly with my americano.

1 comment:

aimi said...

Love it.