Wednesday, March 24, 2010

to Bruce, and to Pam.

Have been feeling a bit apprehensive about the impact I will have on the lives of the family I will be staying with in DC. I have also began to mentally rush myself out of the city before I even arrive. I may fall in love with the place, and stay indefinitely. Why would I plan my exit before I even enter?

Emailed my concerns to my cousin...The incredible woman that is helping to make all of this wonderful change in my life happen, and this is how she so graciously responded:

"Dahling! Please do not think of yourself as anything other than an adored 'found' family member whose life i feel as if I must interrupt before she becomes so depressed at having not spread her wings she actually stays in a place unsuited to her and regrets it for the rest of her life!!!"

To come across a relative at such a late point in life that understands so much so well, and to be cared about by her?! I have so much to look forward to.

The excitement is escalating, and the ease behind the idea of going has returned, thanks to her effortless encouragement. Dear Bruce: Turning up the volume as I type this...

No comments: