Monday, November 23, 2009

well said.

I have quoted a line of wisdom quite a few times this week. It came from someone that said it to someone else, that then said it to me.

It relates to what I have been musing lately on here about dissatisfaction and confusion, etc bla bla bla. These thoughts make for a foggy, cloudy, rainy greeting to any new day, as there's nothing, really, that can remedy the situation immediately. So I wake, think about the bleakness of my immediate reality, and then I sigh one of those loud attention attaining sighs. Catch: There's no one around when I sigh; I am sighing into the unknown, which makes me sigh once more.

So back to the quote, words that give me strength. She had returned from a life altering trip abroad, where she came in contact with the worlds unknown...Unicorns, wizzards, and gypsies, and tales of the fountain of youth. Not really, literally. That's just what her stories felt like to me, the receiver. After her travels, she went back home, to the job she had already left, and the city that knows her more thoroughly than most other places on the globe. She sat across from a friend, musing about the very things I have been musing about on here. Her friend looked at her with love and said something to the effect of this: "dear friend. There is nothing wrong with you being here now, in this place, with the people you know and love. But if you are here at this time next year, doing the same thing, I will kill you".

And that's what I have been telling myself, after she told it to me. "There's nothing wrong with you being there, Meredith, living in your little apartment, making coffee or serving food, and just enjoying your people. But if you are there, doing the same thing at this time next year, I will kill you".

No comments: