Wednesday, April 14, 2010

run-on-run-on-run-on.

Today I was exhausted and just wanted to take a nap but instead needed to run and managed to stall as long as I could but ended up just lying to myself all the way out the door about how easy the run would be while it wasn't easy at all but rather, nearly every minute of all seven miles were painful and/or difficult and the only good parts were the blooming azaleas I passed, the eccentric grungy gentleman driving an old green Volvo that gave me the thumbs up at a stoplight, and also the part of the run where I stopped running.

This kind of running experience is one of the reasons why I absolutely love running because it's not always what I want it to be, or what I know it can be, much like the beautiful life I wake up to each day, but I keep running, because of what I know I want it to be, and because of what I know it can be, and because I feel better about finishing, not stopping, and pushing a little further than I do about letting go and giving up and just taking whatever comes...do do do do do.

1 comment:

Lindsay Hamm said...

This inspires me to get up from my stalling on the internet and tackle this good day that I have!